Saturday, September 26, 2009

In Hiding

I've been in hiding a lately. Experiencing a little artistic drought and I'm trying to get myself out of it. Whenever I go silent you can be sure that I'm experiencing a drought. I finally reach a goal and then I sabotage myself and stop being creative. Its the same old story. Fear of success so lets sabotage it all. I should know the signs by now. It starts with overeating and ends with loss of artistic drive. I'm trying really hard to snap out of it. I went to the art shop today and bought some new supplies. That always helps. I have these old deck chairs (sometimes called directors chairs) and the canvas is all ripped leaving them unable to be used. I've decided to replace the canvas but first I will do some artwork on it. I bought some canvas roll and I am going to play around with some acrylic encaustic painting techniques. That should make for some interesting looking deck chairs. Hopefully that will entice my inner artist child to come back out and play.

5 comments:

Laura said...

If I may say always have a little something else ready to get involved with after a big deal so that you can keep the move on. Then after putting out so much you do need to regroup, and fill the well. remember what works you inners need to be giving some gifts of all senses, sound, touch, taste, sight. Cycles are our friends so when dry, wet will come again. Rambling but you know what you need and you will get there don't put the pressure on yourself so hard. enjoy the simple beauties...
Loves ya lots and I know you good orderly directions is going to keep you away for long.
~v~Laura

Doris said...

Looking forward to seeing those finished chairs!

Suz said...

Why can't you just say you are tired...need a break..need something else...maybe something inside you needs filling..and you don't know what that is..and that is draining...roam awhile...see the countryside of other things...and then...poof...you're back where you are supposed to be..full of ideas and purpose
But who am I ..a dabbler..what do I know?

Uta said...

Thanks ladies. Your words are a comfort to me.

Marjorie said...

The new speaker I just heard wrote "Dare to be inconsistent, lopsided, and totally courageous... This is the courageous path of learning to grow, love and trust yourself...and to keep dancing into the life you desire, no matter what." I think you are doing that!! And successfully!
(see more info on the blog)