1. I migrated from Germany at the age of four with my parents. I was very close with my maternal grandmother and never saw her again. Sad but I call Australia home and can not imagine living anywhere else.
2. At the age of 55 I still love to play. I watch children's programs on tv and still jump in puddles with my gum boots on. I never want to grow up completely and you can't make me, so there :p.
3. I love ordinary everyday objects. They add to our sense of well being and make a house a home. I love them so much that I paint them. I paint them larger than life to lift their status. Ordinary everyday objects have stories to tell. Stories of their connection to home and family. I try to tell my stories with my paintings. Sometimes people hear them and sometimes people hear their own stories. Either way this makes me happy.
4. My mum, daughter and granddaughter are among my best friends.
5. I went to university with my daughter. We both studied art and hung out together. Julia studied visual art and I studied applied art (ceramic and glass design).
6. I would love nothing better than to live in my studio. Literally!!!!! I mean it. I would love to live amongst my art supplies in true warehouse fashion.
7. I can make a clapping sound using only one hand.
Now to the blogs I love to read. Well among them are Suz blog but she nominated me. Then there's Elena's blog but she has also been nominated by Suz. So my nominees are:
Chrissie of http://niminyfingers.blogspot.com/ who makes the most amazing textile based things and makes me laugh with her wonderful sense of humour.
Laura of http://lonecrowart.blogspot.com/ who is a wonderful collage/assemblage artist who shares all her wisdom and takes me on wonderful walks in the woods.
April of http://aprilsart.blogspot.com/ who is so warm and giving that you can feel yourself sink into her warm embrace whenever you read her blog.
Deborah of http://debrossart.blogspot.com/ and http://debrossclay.blogspot.com/ who has such a love of creating that she explores everything and anything fearlessly.
Of course there are other bloggers I enjoy but life is intruding on their blogging time at the moment and so they wouldn't have time to respond. I would just like to take this opportunity to tell you all how much I enjoy our interaction. The friendships I have made through the internet and the support I receive are amazing.