Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sneak Peak

Glenn has written another great post on his blog about how he came to write his newly completed book. And he wrote I am a rising star in my community as a painter!!!! I didn't even have to pay him to write that hehehe. I love being an artist but it is sometimes very isolating. Long hours are spent alone in the studio. I think thats what made this collaboration with Glenn so much fun ... sharing our creative endeavours. Its time we break down the barriers between the different art forms and show how they influence each other. When I read, the words form images in my mind.  The writer's skill of weaving words together is therefore responsible for influencing my imagination. That is really mind blowing don't you think??? One person's imagination inspiring another's. I love this definition by John K. Hutchens - A writer and nothing else: A man alone in a room with the English language, trying to get human feelings right. After spending two months with Glenn I can tell you, that describes him perfectly!!!

I wanted to post little detail pictures of some of the paintings for the exhibition but apparently I have used all my storage space on the blog. I can either pay for more storage or I can delete some of the pictures on my older posts. While I decide what to do I will link you to my facebook art page so you can have a little sneak peak at the paintings. Glenn has also kindly put the pictures up on his blog. Its just a little tease, only little details .....

6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh nothing is free anymore. I had to do the same. I started my blog in 2005 so I deleted up to 2009 and that seem to fix things for awhile...I just talked someone last weekend as she uses a paid blog which give you more space. I wasn't willing to pay just yet so I deleted..

Love the work that's showing up so far...Bust a Move Lady!!

Uta said...

Its so hard to delete all that history. I am not sure yet what I will do. Julia said I can save the older posts to my computer before deleting them. Maybe I will give that a go. Its tough being a visual person. Means you put up too many pics huh???

Laura said...

I know to lose the photo's :( and all that stuff I posted on mine own blog was hard see go but I have it all backed up on a external hard drive so I have them I just don't have them for every one to see.

Uta said...

Its a part of our journey and a shame to lose.

Jan said...

I love following this story of you and glenn's collaboration.
I had the same thing happen on my blog but it only cost $5 for a year and since then I began making all my photos smaller. Now I don't even blog anymore so it doesn't seem to matter.

Uta said...

Collaborating has been so much fun Jan and sharing it with everyone is even more funner hehehehe. I will no doubt be in trouble for making up words LOL.