Sunday, November 15, 2009

Penny's Hill Opening

Just a few random shots from Penny's Hill Winery today. A nice little crowd braved the 40 degree heat (104 degrees F). We are into the second week of those kind of temperatures and its wearing a little thin. Relief tomorrow but by the middle of the week the temperatures are forecast to rise again. Anyway today was nice. I got a little misty eyed over the wonderful opening speech made by Leah Grace (Arts and Cultural Development Officer - Alexandrina Council & Co-ordinator of South Coast Regional Arts Centre). We stayed on after the opening and had lunch and probably a little too much wine tasting. Nice air conditioned surroundings with lovely views of the countryside baking in the searing heat. The food was divine and the wine was a lovely accompaniment.









9 comments:

Laura said...

Uta, so wonderful to see the winery and all your work hangin up there, I'm really amazed at how nice it is that someone speaks about the your work each time you have a show.. I don't here that much around this neck of the woods. They usually have the refeshment set up and everyone mingles and that's about it... sad but maybe we can change that here.

wonderful exhibit lady!!

Uta said...

Yeah I think its a nice introduction to an opening to have someone talk about the work. It helps people understand some of the meanings and concepts behind it. And it goes well with refreshments 'hic' hehehe

Anonymous said...

WAOW!!!! Uta, what a wonderful setting for your beautiful paintings! I'm chuffed to be able to say I've been hobnobbing on the interwebby-thingy with the prolific, exceptionally wonderful painter...Uta Mooney!...Yay!!!!!! You are a such star Uta and you constantly inspire me xxx

Suz said...

Now about my blue shoes.........

Suz said...

Now that I've gotten that out of my system...really when do I get my picture

Suz said...

Just joking (not really)
So gloriously happy for you...you deserve to be a star
you are one with us already
Are you in a drought now?

Uta said...

You guys make me feel like a star :) and I kinda like it hehehe.

Suz,
Probably the cheapest way to get yourself those shoes would be to order a print from my RedBubble site. I know its not the original but they are reasonably inexpensive and they post directly to you. April bought a print of another piece of mine from them. The shoes however aren't on there yet as I need daughter Julia to take high quality photos of my new work before I upload to RedBubble. There's a link to my RedBubble site under my photo in the side bar of my blog.

Doris said...

What a great show... so glad they talk and people listen. Hushing a group of people here is ridiculous. Congrats again, well done, well done!

april said...

What a lovely place! We are all reveling in your excitement. So proud of you.