Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Countdown

Today being the 24th of October means I have exactly 8 calendar months till my exhibition opens in Melbourne. I am working on a whole new body of work for this exhibition and as you can already see the work will be with a 50s, 60s and 70s retro theme. I want 20 good paintings for this exhibition so I did some quick calculations. Allowing time for the festive season and organising the transportation and allowing travelling and hanging time etc. etc., I need to do 3 paintings a month. With all my other womanly duties (sexist I know :P) and commitments it means head down and bum up for this little duck hehehe. Its just a little mini freak out, nothing to worry about. Of course any retro ideas or memories you might have would be welcomed. In fact any inspiration at all.

7 comments:

Crowing Moon said...

hmmmm if you're after retro remember those ugly orangy brown bottles that looked like a genie bottle. everyone seemed to have one somewhere around their homes when I was growing up. UGLY things lol. good luck with your exhibit :D

Uta said...

Ooh yeah genie bottles. Bet my Mum still has one somewhere hehehe.

april said...

Good for you, Uta! Always setting goal. Good way to make art! I know they will all be outstanding. Can't wait to go along with you on your creative process.

Doris said...

Maybe I can find an old photo and scan the orange/brown/gold rectangles. Bums up!

Anonymous said...

You'll come up trumps Uta! ...(that means you'll win in the end- in case you're not familiar with the phrase and it sounded rude!) Looking forward to seeing your new paintings and congrats on getting the exhibition! You're a star :)

Laura said...

Look out world Uta going to take you by the biggest storm...way to go lady and good plans love to hear the motion is moving forward... I just keep thinking about all the jewelry from that time big beads and peace signs...shoes too. Oh you are going to have a blast.. wonderful

Uta said...

Thank you to all my ever present friends. Love you all.