Saturday, March 17, 2012

By Night and Day

Yesterday was my daughter Julia's birthday. The family came over for pizza and cake in the studio. Later Julia and I met some friends for a few drinks. Jan talked me into wearing my red dress. I really can't remember the last time I wore a dress. I am more a jeans and shirt kind of gal. We had fun and I didn't get home till 4:30am!!!!! I think they took me to some place that I was just too old for. Luckily the lights were dim.

The next day was the opening of the members' exhibition at Adelaide Art Society where I was asked to be featured artist. Pam Saint, the president gave a nice speech and said so many nice things about my work. I don't think I will ever get used to standing in front of people listening to my work get praised. It made me squirm a little. I think its the only time I get a little shy hehehe.



5 comments:

Laura said...

Oh the winds are changing in your life...you look grand there Lady!

Anne Huskey-Lockard said...

Good choice on the dress Uta!!! You look hot!
Lovely seeing you with your art; and especially seeing the size of the paintings. I always find it hard to visualize the actual size of work in photos~~I am duly blown away. :-)
Great, great ART!

XXOO~~
Anne

Uta said...

Hehehe trying to decide which I like better, the praises for my work or me looking "hot"!!! You sure know how to make a gal feel special. Love you guys :)

Jan said...

You AND your paintings look fantastic, all the praise is well deserved!

Doris said...

That smile of yours is just phenomenal! Looks like it comes deep from the soul!