Monday, April 27, 2009

Back to Work

Play time with Zoe is over. Its back to school for her today. We had a lovely time doing the usual things like making waffles for breakfast, sitting in bed reading and playing with her Nintendo DS. As April says we were making memories.

Back to work for me now. Tomorrow its only three weeks till delivery of artwork to the gallery. I resurrected the disastrous cupcake painting. Well I saved the background. I just couldn't get those cupcakes looking right. I suppose that happens sometimes. I decided I didn't have enough time to fiddle with them any longer so I had to shelve the idea. Like I said I managed to save the background and am painting yet another inanimate object on it. This time an alarm clock. The type with those big bells on the top. The story behind this painting is quite simple. My best friend Vanita lives in Naracoorte so when I visit I usually stay a few days. Vanita collects clocks. All sizes and shapes and her house is one ticking symphony for want of a better word. Most of the time the usual daily sounds disguise the tick tick ticking of the multitude of clocks. But at night when you try to sleep the ticking becomes so loud and the rhythm of their ticking enters your brain and starts to drive you insane. Tick tock, tick tock, tickety tock, tickety tock ahhhhh! Vanita likes the sound. Its comforting to her. She tells me to take the batteries out if I don't like the sound but I usually remove the clock from the room or put a pillow over it hehehe. In all honesty staying at Vanita's wouldn't be the same without the tick tocking but I'm not going to tell her that. She might go and buy that big grandfather clock she's seen and then there will be ticking and bonging hehehe.

1 comment:

Doris said...

What a wonderful obsession, time.