Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Story of the Daisy

Has it really been that long since I posted on my blog? What have I been doing? I have been doing my art as usual but am struggling with my latest piece. I worked out why so many artists paint lilies. Its because daisies are hard to paint hehehe. Yes I'm trying to paint a really large daisy and its giving me some grief. Now the funny thing is I needed a particular colour conte crayon to finish the shading on the daisy. I finally bought the conte I needed but was going to visit my friend Mignon for lunch so I couldn't work on the piece. I took some of my recent artwork to show Mignon and decided to take the daisy piece to face one of my fears of showing unfinished work that hasn't been resolved yet. We had a lovely time catching up and talking about art. Mignon shared with me the book she's been writting. She's always wanted to write children's fiction and she's finally doing it. Good on you Mignon!!! I love the story and can't wait till she writes more. Its left me wanting to know what happens next. Anyway I digress... I packed up all my artwork and left Mignon's about 5pm and in peak hour traffic I realise I left that darn daisy piece behind. So now I have the conte but not the piece. I drive right near Mignon's when I take my son to work so I asked her to leave it out as I will come by early to pick it up. She didn't want to leave it out all night so she thought she would put it out in the morning. However finding the piece was not outside I looked at the time and thought it much too early to wake people up by pounding on the door. I left some books on the doorstep that I promised to lend and left. Once back home Mignon rang hehehe. She was up and putting the daisy piece outside when she noticed I'd already been hehehe. Will try again tomorrow morning. Will I ever get this piece finished? Is this the universe trying to tell me to give up, its a lost cause, don't paint daisies.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oh Uta, A daisy is my favorite flower I will be so excited to see the piece at any stage in the process and don't you dare stop!!! Remember not every petal or leave is perfect in the real world either so if you toying with that dont' you frett my dear.

do you hear me???this is motherbear speaking!!!
~v~