Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Peach Jam

The weather forecast is for quite a few hot days to come. I thought my peaches wouldn't survive out there in the blazing sun so I decided to pick them all at once. I usually like to leave them on the tree and collect the fallen ones from the ground. They aren't as big as other years but so many of them the poor tree needed to be tied up so the branches didn't break from the weight of the fruit. Decided to make some peach jam. Zoe got a recipe from the internet 1.5kg peaches, 750g sugar, juice of two lemons.

lovely fuzzy peaches fresh from the tree

later that day ... jam!
Zoe says the jam is yummy. Perfect with fresh bread. The rest of the peaches were cooked up to preserve them. It means we can still enjoy them when the summer is long gone. Might have some now with a little bit of low fat ice cream mmm.

7 comments:

Julia said...

Love the basket

Uta said...

So do I.

Laura said...

You have to do a collage paint of the peaches!!!
What a great image.
Well if not you have a bountiful harvest. Looks so good... love peaches and My oldest daughter does too.

butterfly woman said...

Wow, to have a peach tree. My mother-in-law used to make grape jelly from grapes she grew in her yard. Brings back memories. Boy, some australian peach jam on my bagel this morn would be divine. Yes, I see a peach painting possibility, I feel the urge to paint just staring at them across the miles!!!!

Uta said...

Yeah a peach painting might be just the thing. I'm struggling a bit with my art lately. Is it the heat??? Is it that Bob's been home??? Who knows.

Doris said...

A peach painting is in order. I have a struggling little peach tree...used to have two...have to pick the peaches early before the beetles find them! I can smell the painting now!

april said...

My mouth is watering!