Sunday, September 14, 2008

No Art Till the Chores Are Done

My peach tree is full of blossoms. A true sign that spring is here.


The exhibition committee at Gallery M liked our proposal and liked our work and although we haven't been notified officially I'm fairly confident that we will be able to hold our exhibition there next year. We had an exhibition meeting on Wednesday night so we could catch up on plans and ideas and where we are up to in terms of our work. Zoe was secretary and thoroughly enjoyed her position hehehe. We voted on the name for our exhibition which is "Peeking Through Someone Else's Window". Its basically inviting the viewer to take a look at our lives and the things that are important to us from the mundane of the every day to our dreams and aspirations. The exhibition will be about the importance of family and friends and what "home" means to us. I think its very special to have three generations of women working and exhibiting together.

My artwork has been flowing rather nicely lately. Finished the background of a new piece yesterday. I know artists have times of drought and times when everything just goes right. Having a solo exhibition in the SALA Festival meant less time at the easel so not much creating was going on leading up to the exhibition. Returning to my everyday life was a bit difficult after all the hype and organising etc but now I'm back on track and my art is flowing so nicely I can't wait to get to the easel. I don't feel like stopping even when I know I must attend to the everyday life chores like cooking dinner and feeding Jack the dog who doesn't like waiting for his food. Chore for today is the washing. No art till the washing is done! Off I go!!!!

2 comments:

Doris said...

As we enter autumn, a year has passed, so much transpired, whatever are you doing in spring? A time for gratitude...winter has passed. Like your proposal...looking forward to hearing about exhibition!

Uta said...

And what a cold winter its been.