Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Carry On

Still haven't come up with the text I want to use in the work boots painting. I think it might be 'working hard to make a living' or maybe 'focus on the journey not the destination'. Anyway I've put that painting to one side and decided to carry on with the next.

I had an idea to use different handwriting and some book pages onto which I would paint a sunflower or part of a sunflower. Some of the handwriting is my grandparents, some is mine and some I got from the net. But as it sometimes happens the background is doing its own thing and getting a different feel to it. Not sure if its suited to a sunflower. I will just keep going with it and see where it takes me. I do enjoy not knowing the destination.
work in progress 60.9x60.9cm (24"x24")

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A sunflower painting will be wonderful.
I did two sunflower water colour paintings
and sold both. I don´t know about the copyright.
I wouldlike to show you, but I think the copyriht you sell together with your art work.

Uta said...

I think the copyright is yours even if you sell it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, visit my blog - I will show one painting today!

Julia said...

how about "i like not knowing the destination" for the boots one

Julia said...

how about "i like not knowing the destination" for the boots one

Doris said...

A sunflower will grow just fine there on the page! Maybe a little inchworm needs to read the magic to you!