Sunday, February 1, 2009

Heatwave Continues

We are now in day 7 of our heatwave and the weather forecast tells us there is no relief until next Saturday when it is forecast to be 30C (86F). The last few nights have been cooler which makes for a good nights sleep and a happier outlook. Instead of being over 30C (86F) overnight its been around 25C/26C (77F-79F). The garden is holding up alright. Things gets a bit droopy in the afternoon but they are surviving. I'm glad I picked all the peaches when I did. They would not have lasted in this heat. The computer however is not doing too well. I'm having trouble with it crashing and not loading and freezing (hehehe freezing, there must be another word) and its all due to the extreme heat.

On the art side of things my creativity is flowing again YAY! Ideas a popping into my head and I'm feeling like my old self again. The only problem is its too hot to paint. The paint dries too quickly and I end up making a right mess of things. So instead I've been preparing some papers and working on backgrounds that don't need such careful consideration and drawing on images ready to paint when the weather settles down. I don't get a lot done as I feel a little lethargic and am constantly resting with a cool drink of water under the air conditioner.

Well I'm off to do some housework before the heat really sets in for the day. At least the washing doesn't take long to dry.

5 comments:

Laura said...

keeping it in motion as best you can and that's it's...

think about when this all passes and it will you will primed and ready to whip a mighty arrangement of pieces that will blow our wooly socks right off over here in the states. hehehe.

yes Freezing is a funny work for it Locked up sounds better. or just plan stuck in place....

~v~

april said...

Oh my gosh! That heat! We could use a little whiff of it once in a while though on these cold freezing days here. The other day, at that Liquitex demonstration with Laura class, the representative had many different products to talk about and I know there are ones to add to acrylics so they don't dry so fast or to make them more washy. Maybe Slow Dri Blending Gel or Airbrush Medium. Oh here!... (looking in my book she gave) Slow Dri Fluid Retarder (slows the drying time of acrylics).

butterfly woman said...

Maybe if you paint an ice cream cone or a tray of ice cubes you'd cool down from the images, which you paint in such a breathtakingly realistic way. They come alive! Anyway, glad you find ways to be creative and yet pace yourself in the heat. Can you bottle up some sun rays and send them to me? Can't wait to see your new stuff,even the beginning steps excite me.

Uta said...

Yeah I might have to try that April. Thanks for your support ladies.

Doris said...

And I thought two days of almost 40F was warm!