Sunday, April 20, 2008

Happy in my Art Space

I've been spending a lot of time staining and altering paper so I have some in stock. There's nothing worse than being in the middle of an artwork and running out of paper or not having enough to choose from. Planning to start a new piece today YAY! I still get excited about it. Also starting the next book on the Artist's Way journey today, Finding Water.

Having my first solo exhibition at Naracoorte Art Gallery as part of the SALA Festival (South Australian Living Artist Festival). Opening August 1st. It was meant to be an exhibition showcasing 3 generations of women artists, exhibiting work from my daughter, granddaughter and myself but the gallery board decided that they wanted a solo exhibition instead. So its a bit sad on one hand and exciting and scary on the other. We are still planning to have our combined exhibiton. Just looking into another venue for some time this year I hope.

Off to do some mundane chores and then off to my art space to play.

No comments: