Tuesday, April 22, 2008

If yesterday was Monday, today must be Tuesday!

I'm finally settling into a good routine (for want of a better word). I'm using my time more effectively. My sister, who is highly organised, would be proud. I got 6 to 7 hours in my artspace working on my collage yesterday and still managed my daily mundane chores. Ok the nest could be cleaner but the washing is done, bed is made, no dishes in the sink and the family get a good home cooked meal at the end of the day. Can't ask for more than that.

I have a piece in an exhibition that's opening on Sunday 2pm, at Gallery M in the Marion Cultural Centre. It the oriental piece I had exhibited in Naracoorte for this year's Taste Festival. Julia and Zoe's work are also part of the exhibition. Got a few girls from gym interested in going to the opening. They said they wanted to go, not just to see the work, but to rub elbows with the artists because artists wear such arty clothes. Bit stereotypical but very amusing. I for one think I wear ordinary clothes and wish I looked more "arty" hehehe hahaha.

Wanted to write a little bit about my best friend, Vanita. She silently reads my blog and never leaves a comment but keeps tabs on me anyway. We don't get to spend much time together (probably a good thing for Vanita). She lives in Naracoorte which is about 4 hours drive away and is an art teacher in the local high school. I was lucky enough to be artist in residence in her class room last year and saw first hand what an amazing teacher she is. The kids adore her. She is also an amazing friend who helps me and supports me in all my endeavours. Are you blushing yet Vanita? I just wanted to let you know I appreciate all you do for me :)

No comments: